We, Mathrubhumi Printing and Publishing Company Limitd (hereinafter “Mathrubhumi”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as a browser to our website.
This document (read together with our “terms and conditions”) sets out how any personal data sought or collected from you is processed by our website.
When you click on our webpage, universal resource locater (URL) to get onto our webpages and content links thereon you are deemed to have agreed be bound by this policy as updated from time to time. So please read this document first and take a print out of the same for future purposes.
This policy will tell you about:
- Who we are
- What data we collect
- What we do with this data
- Where we store this data
- How long we store your data for
- Steps taken to keep data safe
- Our right to amend our policy
1. WHO WE ARE:
Mathrubhumi is the data controller (for the purposes of applicable data protection laws in India). We make an annual notification to the appropriate regulatory agency. We own and/or operate content relating to a large number of news, lifestyle and entertainment into our web sites (including mobile applications/apps). We refer to our sites and apps as, collectively, the “Services” within this policy. Some of our terms will make reference to our Partner Sites and any reference in this policy to “us” or “we” or “our” will include our Partner Sites.
(a) ABOUT OUR COMPANY
As a large organisation we have a number of divisions that operate some of our sites and provide the Services to you. For data protection purposes, these companies are called data processors. Our divisions are all wholly owned by us.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU:
We may collect and process different types of information about you. Some of this data is considered to be Personal Data (that means you can be identified by it including Sensitive Personal Data) and Anonymous Data (that is data that you cannot be identified from).
(a) Information we collect if and when you sign up for any of our add on Services:
We may seek and collect your personal details including but not limited to your real name, user name, address, telephone, email address, date of birth, race, religion, sexual orientation and any other information you submit when you create a profile and sign up to our Services
(b) Data we collect in respect of customer service and support
If you contact our customer support or others, we will keep any information you provide to us including records of correspondence.
If you provide feedback to us, or take part in any customer survey, or participate in competitions we, we will keep any information you provide.
(d) Information we collect from partner networks that you use
Some of our Services have the ability to link your use of the Services to other social networks you might have access to. If you have an account with another social network e.g. Facebook, you can share the data you have on our site with that network. To enhance your experience and create a personalised service we may ask you to login to your Facebook account. By doing so you grant us access to your information stored on your Facebook profile including without limitation your personal information, photographs, videos, interests and locations. When you login to the other network or install our app, we will receive the basic information from you including but not limited to your name, photos, gender, networks, user ID, friends list and any other information you make public and your email address. If you have logged into other social networks and linked them to any of our profiles you grant permission for us to post updates, including location information, on your behalf therefore please exercise caution. You can turn off location data – see below.
(e) Information we collect about your location
We can collect location data from your computer and/or mobile device. When accessing the Services from a mobile device you will be given the option to allow location sharing with our application. If you do not wish to share your location data with us please exercise due caution to turn off this feature by following your mobile device instructions to do so. For national security reasons, we are required to track your IP address if you are using a computer to access the Services. If you are using a mobile device we use GPS with an accuracy range of 20 to 100 metres. We also use your location data to research our own Services, develop new products and improve our Services, including using third parties to help us either provide the Services to you or develop new ones, and target advertising to suit your user experience. Your devices can give us lots of information about the device including the brand, model, version of operating system, installed app details, email accounts, mobile carrier and so on. We may also connect your account with location data from Foursquare and can show your Foursquare check ins on our map within some of our Services.
3. HOW YOU CAN REVIEW, UPDATE, GET A COPY OR DELETE YOUR DATA:
You can review and update your information at any time by going to your account management page. If you want to delete or get a copy of your data on our site and/or Mobile Apps, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do that with immediate effect.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We process data we collect from you for the following core purposes:
To administer your browsing activity with us (including notifying you of any announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this);
To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services;
To allow you to participate in any future interactive features of the Services (including the features that require the mobile phone number);
To help personalise your repeat visits to and usage of the Services;
To provide you with information on products or services or news and offers that you request from us (see below under ‘Marketing’ for more information);
To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us;
To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site;
To carry out market analysis and research;
To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
(a) Creation of duplicate profiles across our Partner Sites
If you sign up to any one of our Services we will send you an email shortly afterwards advising that we have created a profile on our websites to enhance your browsing experience. When we email you about this you will have the option to decline this service, which costs nothing extra.
(b) How we use your information about your Contacts
If you choose to upload your Contact’s name and email address and/or mobile number you are allowing us to send an email or social network or mobile invitation on your behalf, inviting your Contact to join the Services. We will store your Contact’s name and email address solely for the purposes of inviting them to sign up to our Services and for associating your Contact with you and other people they may know. If your Contact does not want us to store their email address which you uploaded to our Services, they can ask us to remove it by notifying us at email@example.com. We will not store your Contacts information after invitations (up to a maximum of 3) have been sent. Your Contacts will then only receive future emails from us if they choose to accept the invitation and join our Services, or if you use any of our tools to share experiences with your Contacts and you input their email address for us to use again.
(d) When we are called upon disclose your information to third parties and why
We may be required by law e.g. through potential or actual litigation, court order, public or governmental authorities, or rules and regulations within or out with your country of residence to disclose all or part of your information to third parties. We may also deem it necessary to make such a disclosure in the event of an issue of national security, law enforcement or other such similar situations as we deem necessary including, for example, allegations of alleged infringement of copyright, trademarks or other third parties’ rights by users. We share your personal information with our partner service providers in order to provide their Services to you including those parties who assist us with information processing, credit and payment processing, fulfilment of your subscription order, managing and hosting data, conducting consumer research or satisfaction surveys. These disclosures relate to providing our Services, improving our Services and delivering targeted advertising to you. We do not provide your contact details to third parties for direct marketing by them to you.
(a) When we market to you directly about our products and services
We may share your information with our Partner Sites and Group Companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you of our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, or to help us to prepare marketing reports. We may send you information about our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, news and offers, and selected third party products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by contacting you through your email address or mobile phone number that you have provided. Any communication received from us, as consented to by you, will clearly state that it is being sent by us. You have the option to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time (see below).
(b) When third parties market to you
If you have consented to receive marketing communications from third parties, your data may be passed on to such third parties as we enter into data sharing agreements with, from time to time, for marketing purposes. We cannot be held liable for the content of the third party’s communications or products/services they are promoting. If you have provided this consent, but change your mind, you can opt-out at any time (see below). Please be advised that you will also require to contact the individual third parties who have been marketing to you if you wish to stop receiving their communications directly.
(c) Opting Out of Marketing
If you change your mind about the marketing consent you have granted to us, you can amend your preferences under the “My Account” section of your chosen Site or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR DATA
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR
Generally speaking, we only store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, with information typically being held until you cancel your membership.
8. KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or user ID code which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping the password or user ID code confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user ID code with anyone.
To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Services according to your individual interests;
To speed up your searches;
To recognise you when you return to any website or application;
To provide annoymised statistical information: Non-personal data may be gathered on our behalf using cookies, log file data, and code that is embedded on our websites by specific third party partners. We use this non-personal information to help improve the services we provides to you.
When you visit the publicly available sections of the Services, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that we remember them to make your login in process faster and easier. You may set your browser to block cookies and local storage devices, but if you do so, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services. For further functionalities and the uses about cookies visit: www.aboutcookies.org
10. OUR RIGHTS TO AMEND THIS POLICY
11. LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our websites, apps, and promotional materials, may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third party networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
12. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN USING THE INTERNET
We do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information to us you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.
1. Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer/Subscriber and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer/Subscriber and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction.
3. You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by Mathrubhumi is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the Mathrubhumi Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and Credit Card payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, Mathrubhumi is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
Payment Facility for Buyers/Subscribers:
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent. Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Mathrubhumi Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time than this would make You ineligible for a refund.
• You, as a Buyer/Subscriber, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services
• Refund, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where Transaction Price was received.
• Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees.
• For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI).
• Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Mathrubhumi in case of any misuse by Buyer/Subscriber.
• Refund shall be subject to Buyer/Subscriber complying with Policies.
4. Mathrubhumi reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Mathrubhumi may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer/Subscriber during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
5. Mathrubhumi reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyer/Subscribers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer/Subscriber with Mathrubhumi or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
6. Mathrubhumi may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer/Subscriber for security or other reasons at the discretion of Mathrubhumi. As a result of such check if Mathrubhumi is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer/Subscriber or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyer/Subscribers commitment to pay Transaction Price.
7. Mathrubhumi may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if Mathrubhumi deems suspicious or for Buyer/Subscribers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Mathrubhumi may hold Transaction Price and Mathrubhumi may not inform Seller to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer/Subscriber) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer/Subscriber is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
8. The Buyer/Subscriber and Seller acknowledge that Mathrubhumi will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Mathrubhumi.
Compliance with Laws:
9. Buyer/Subscriber and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made there under, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India) applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Mathrubhumi Website.
Buyer/Subscriber’s arrangement with Issuing Bank:
10. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
11. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer/Subscriber and the respective Issuing Bank.
12. All Consignments including books, etc will be shipped to the customer by registered parcel/Courier whichever is available. All Consignments including books subscribed (in India or abroad) will be send by ordinary post only. Once payment is confirmed the Books will be dispatched within 2 business days. Subscription of the Magazine/weekly will commence from the next issue after confirmation of the payment or after two business days whichever is later.